TWE engineers have worked with various monitoring and configuration management tools over the last 20 years. Despite trying countless tools, we discovered that we just couldn’t find easy to use tools that covered our needs and remained extensible for when new needs arise. We decided to build a tool that could solve this problem when managing servers, containers, and workstations. We built Bacon; a control surface and feature enhancer for Salt. With this tool our clients can:
- Control patching on Windows, Mac, and Linux at a massive scale
- Mass deploy or uninstall software on all three platforms
- Review hardware and software Inventory on all three platforms
- Remotely execute scripts on all three platforms with many default scripts built it
- Monitor the health and uptime of all systems
- Monitor software services availability
- View all systems from multiple NOC views
- Search for any system by any attribute
- Review all jobs for success and failure
- Allow access based on AD with RBAC and 2FA options
A single server can scale to manage tens of thousands machines and can live inside your environment so you are not beholden to a cloud provider. Deployment and training takes less than a single day for most, so its easy to get up and working quickly. No has ever said that about SCCM!
Bacon is easy to demo, easy to use, and easy to afford.